We are currently looking for:
Qualifications & experience
- Current forklift licence AND truck licence
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to work accurately and methodically
- Good numeracy and communication skills
- Proven working experience as a Warehouse Operator/Assistant
- Experience in inventory software, databases and systems
- Awareness of modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork and count stock items
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
Tasks & responsibilities
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck/reach truck.
- Taking records of dispatching/receiving goods.
- Operating a forklift truck/reach truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely (especially chemicals and food) and labelled correctly and safely (especially chemicals and food).
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage space and optimising space utilisation.
- Picking orders from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation. Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
- Performing occasional deliveries around Victoria.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly. Stock takes every week. Reporting any discrepancies.
- Able to work well as part of a team. Communicate with the team members and get feedback from freight companies with the most cost-effective quotes.
- With heavy equipment in operation warehouses can be dangerous places, so following workplace health and safety rules will be essential. Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse will also be part of the daily routine.
Please send your CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org